We’re letting you know about an exciting opportunity for people aged 60 years and above to access free campaigning training with Campaign Bootcamp.
Do you know anyone who would benefit from this training? If so, please let them know by forwarding this email.
We are looking for people who:
- Want to learn how to campaign on social care
- Want to feel confident about campaigning and using the internet to do this
- Are 60 or above and want to bring their life experience into campaigning
If you know people who would be interested in this, but you’d rather spread the word by social media, you can use the links below:
- You can click here to post about Age Activism on Facebook
- Or you can copy and paste this text into a social media or messaging platform of your choice: Campaign Bootcamp is a national charity which is offering free campaigning training to people aged 60+. Are you frustrated with social care in the UK? Learn how to turn your experience and passion into powerful campaigns. Applications close 16th November: https://campaignbootcamp.org/age-activism
Alternatively, if you know an individual, group or organisation who we should be reaching out to, let us know by replying to this email with more details.
If you’d like to learn more about this opportunity, I’ve attached a flyer and more information below…
Why are we doing this?
As you know, we are a charity that trains people to campaign on issues that matter to them. We recognise that people aged 60 and above face a specific set of barriers as they grow older.
We would like to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence of older people, to be part of a campaign on social care – whether it’s about the privatisation of care homes, low wages for social care staff, poor end of life care, or because age discrimination impacts the support you get.
Working together, we can turn the things that are problematic into campaigns that make society more fair for everyone.
What will the training look like?
We will guide a group of participants through a series of online sessions to help them use their life experience to campaign about an aspect of social care that concerns them. If you participate, you’ll get a chance to build connections with a diverse group of people in their 60s or older across the UK.
As a group, we will set campaign goals, create a campaign strategy, and identify who to target. We’ll explore how to get people to listen to you, and develop participants’ skills with technology.
You’ll be guided through the learning in an accessible, supportive and friendly environment. We can provide you with internet access so you can interact with us on your computer, and hire out any equipment you might need to get online.
How can you get involved?
To participate in this training, you need to be able to attend training sessions on Tuesdays from 10am to 12:30pm, starting on Tuesday 8th December and concluding at the end of March. There will be at least 12 sessions, and breaks for the holidays.
To get involved, fill out this short application here by Monday 16th November.
If you are interested in training, and have any questions, get in touch:
Call Nish on 020 3868 6376
Email Nish on email@example.com