Wise Age is the leading specialist 50+ age & employment charity in London. We are a charitable organisation that campaigns for the elimination of age discrimination in all aspects of life, particularly employment.
We promote age diversity in the workplace, provide support to older working age adults (50+) seeking work, carry out research, and provide best practice training for organisations wanting to develop employment support services for the 50+ or interested in improving the quality of their existing provision.
Wise Age also campaigns for the active involvement of older people in developing age-friendly cities and services, and promotes intergenerational communication and understanding.
Our Aims & Objectives
Our aim is the promotion of equality and diversity for public benefit through:
- The elimination of discrimination on grounds of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief; in particular age.
- Advancing education and raising awareness of equality and diversity; in particular relating to age.
- Conducting or commissioning research on equality and diversity issues and publishing the results to the public; in particular, in relation to employment, training and age.
- Cultivating a sentiment in favour of equality and diversity, with particular reference to age.
Who We're Funded By
- Wise Age is currently running a DWP project providing support to over 50s job seekers in Tower Hamlets and Hackney. Since the Coronavirus, we have been running this virtually, with help by phone, email and online offered. There are a couple of places still left for people registered as Unemployed with the DWP on JSA or Universal credit who are resident in these 2 boroughs.
- We are also funded by London Council / ESF Tower Hamlets to provide support to over 50s residents of Tower Hamlets who are workless and have barriers to employment they need help to overcome. Again this support is available to anyone over 50 who is either registered unemployed or workless. We offer 121, group support and training plus the support of a published life coach.
- Our recent funding has been provided by London Funders to provide online and web-based support to anyone in London needing online support. For people who are unable to access the internet or make online applications. We are able to provide loans of tablets with appropriate software and we offer training to help clients apply online for work and training.